Sub-prefecture of 14,000 inhabitants, the town boasts 4 bodies of water, superb sites and buildings, cultural and sport facilities which makes it a worthwhile place to visit and relax.
On market day, Thursday morning, walk along the streets and discover a rich variety of local produce which makes its reputation as a beacon of French gastronomy.
Castelsarrasin is one of the « Towns and Villages in Bloom ». The canal des Deux Mers and the Green Cycle Path meander through the town which is a major stop in Tarn-et-Garonne offering all the facities of a town centre and a welcoming marina, named Port Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
At the Tourism Information Desk, you will find free WIFI access and a welcome for cyclists. Since 2015, the European leader of river tourism, The Boat, operates from the marina and offers cruises, bike rental and a relaxation space.
Should tou wish to know the origins of the town, this vidéo will give you some tips !
Visit Castelsarrasin as a family using the Randoland guide sheets showing interesting things to discover and puzzles to solve... DOWNLOAD RANDOLAND
TO SEE/TO DO
- The gothic style church of Saint-Sauveur and Saint John’s church
- The weekly market, Thursday morning, coupled by the poultry market from November to March.
- Jacques-Yves Cousteau Port and the Green Cycle Path on the canal
- The Art Nouveau Hotel Marceillac
- The Spanish House
- The Music Festival « Grain de Sel »
- Contemporary Art Show in November
- Outdoor concerts, Friday night, July and August